Ending a Fitness Club Relationship

A few days has past since I wrote about my experience at a local fitness club. To no surprise, I am no longing subbing at this club and happy about that decision. I feel sorry for their members though. Maybe that is why this club has such a poor reputation with their group exercise program. I was told when I moved here that all of their quality, experienced instructors left when another club opened nearby a few years ago. I have to say, those instructors that left to teach at the new club are pros and I was impressed. They teach the proper, safe way and look the part! Originally, I agreed to sub at the local club to help them with their new instructors, plan special events for their members, etc. I guess they did not appreciate my extensive background and what I had to offer.

ACE, p217 – “When leading group exercise, face the class as often as possible, using mirroring techniques, such as moving to the participants’ left when directing them to the right. An instructor can only monitor class safety by watching all participants at all times. All cues should be precise and timely.”

Everything happens for a reason. There is a lesson for me to learn with all these experiences here. If anything, I truly appreciate what I had in Michigan.

I am blessed with my full-time job and ready to promote our new fitness venture. All is good and I am happy to be healthy. I have been blessed in many ways and give thanks each day. I hope you do the same and appreciate what each of our precious lives have to offer.

Take care of your body "temple" and do not pollute it with bad, but nourish it with good food, positive thoughts, and exercise.
Peace, for now. . .








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Reinvent Myself: Honor The Body

My Brother, Anthony William Lim

Create Your Own Path