Living In The Moment Bucket List 2014

Are you living your best life or just repeating your daily routine? Did you live your full potential each day in 2013? Are you being the best possible version of YOU?

During the end of each year, most of us reflect back and decide to set a New Year’s resolution on something that we may have neglected, or was too busy/non-motivating to accomplish. A New Year, A New Me. Unfortunately, most New Year’s resolution fails within the first week and only 8% will actually stick to them.

I never made a New Year’s resolution. What I did do was set goals throughout my life. One of the most important goal was to create an original fitness program.

An owner of a fitness company that I worked for told me that my idea would not succeed when I asked her to consider adding it to her program. That was 25 years ago when I started Fitness Motivators. Back in the 80s, classes consisted of high-impact aerobics where participants exercised at their maximum heart rate and I witnessed countless times of them getting sick, injured, and/or eventually giving up. Unfortunately, High impact aerobics are surfacing back today in the fitness industry, but camouflaged under different labels with the same outcome but some worse than that of the 80s. (This article actually explains is nicely of some programs I am speaking of.) I created an interval-training program (unheard of back then) where participants worked at their own pace, challenged themselves when ready, and always left feeling energized and motivated. Since the launch of Fitness Motivators in 1989, we created several successful fitness programs (e.g., Z-BoxFitness) with over 10,000 participants. My goal was to help others reach their fitness goals. A goal that was accomplished repeatedly, with the help of the Fitness Motivators Team.

So, what can I do now to live an inspired life full of adventure and excitement as a life-long learner? What about you?

For me, this is my opportunity to explore my dreams, set my mindset, to start now in defining my purpose. In writing today’s post, this will make me accountable; make my short Bucket List, a reality.

The following link is to a form that I created just for you - so you too, can start now and be accountable (there is a line on the top of the form to put your name!). The form only requires 10 bucket-items so you will not be overwhelmed and stressed in achieving each item, but to have fun in the process of living in the moment!

I look forward to doing this together with you! Remember to share your progress with me as I will share mine, too!

Donna's 2014 Bucket List
  1. Find a Job I Love: Being self-employed full-time, or a job that I am both passionately curious about and talented at.
  2. Release the Past: Not dwell on the demons of the past, but let it go and live my life.
  3. Attend a Murder Mystery Dinner: Something fun that I always wanted to do!
  4. Attend Two Fitness Workshops and YTT: Always to stay current on my fitness skills!
  5. Visit a Senior Home: Let the forgotten seniors know that they still matter.
  6. Reach My Idea Weight: Even us fitness professionals’ needs a little push once is a while!
  7. Learn to Swim: I have an in-ground swimming pool, it is about time I enjoy it!
  8. Live in a State of Gratitude: Focus every moment in a state of appreciation and deep gratitude.
  9. Quality Time with Family and Friends: Schedule dates with family and friends.
  10. Fitness Resort Trip: This is a biggy, but something I wanted to do since the Red Mountain Spa trip with my daughter! (Does anyone know a place where I can exchange teaching classes for accommodations?)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Reinvent Myself: Honor The Body

My Brother, Anthony William Lim

Create Your Own Path