The Big 5-0, New DVD and Reflection

THE BIG 5-0
Now that I had six months to experience the big 5-0, I can say at the least, it does put things into perspective. As a young woman, I had a distorted view of myself to the point where I would try anything to be skinny; I took my knowledge and skills for granted and was naïve when it came to trusting my so-called good friends. I thought I was invincible and as a mother, held too close to my children in fear that they would be hurt or taken. As a mature, middle-aged woman, I miss my 23.5” waist that I thought was fat, and for wasting precious time on worrying and negative self-talk. I ridiculed myself daily for being ugly, fat and stupid, etc, replaying those words spoken to me as a child by my parents and never heard I Love You, but only from my grandmother.

I never thought I was worthy until now. I realize life is too short and it is now that matters. With recent close health issues, it made me even more aware of how precious life is. In a moment, life can change; life can end as we see it today. We need to grab life by the horn and ride it without fear or regrets.

FITNESS AND CLIENTS
Still after 22+ years since starting Fitness Motivators, being in the fitness business is rewarding. Seeing the clients’ results and hearing their stories is astonishing. It is fantastic to be a small part of their fitness goals. To help motivate and at the same time, entertain the clients by letting go of any shyness just to make fitness fun so they can continue to stick with their goals. Debbie recently questioned our teaching abilities and if our clients liked us anymore. She became distressed and even thought about giving up for the first time. If we help make a positive change in a few of our clients’ lives, what we do is worth every minute. We are in the service business and even after calculating all the hours barely making minimum wage, we teach our classes to the best of our abilities, physically and mentally. We also work hard on keeping our talented instructors happy and proud to be part of a quality team.

Z-BOX FITNESS: THE WORKOUT DVD
We have been more busy then usual since the launch of our new DVD. Although the experience at the beginning of this DVD project was appalling, it opened doors to better opportunities that would not have been possible otherwise. We worked with an awesome crew that produced a top quality DVD that would have been impossible to achieve with the original person we hired. The DVD was filmed in HD at Flat 151 facing Downtown Detroit. It was such a memorable experience and wonderful accomplishment. We are pleased to present the public with our first fitness DVD

BARLEY
I cannot end this post without talking about my little precious dog Barley. I never thought it was possible to love a four-legged furry dog. Maybe he filled the empty nest since my children are all grown and living their own lives (28 and almost 32). Whatever reason why God put Barley in my life, it changed for the best. I love him unconditionally and he loves me unconditionally. His tail wagging and happy face is the highlight of my days. He is perfect and now I am one of those people who pick up doggie droppings on our daily walks. I used to think that was gross and how could those people cater to dogs! HA!

I am blessed. You are blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Reinvent Myself: Honor The Body

My Brother, Anthony William Lim

Create Your Own Path