Yesterday is gone, today is our moment, and tomorrow is a gift.

We all go through uncertainty and/or a change where we find ourselves outside of our comfort zone. We suddenly fall into a negative zone - fear, anxiety, hopelessness, questioning why me, or our body reacts negatively. Yet, that gut feeling inside is consciously aware that this is out of our control or surprisingly, welcomes the change, regardless of how the mind is reacting at the moment.

Do you resist change? Next you start falling into a negative zone or outside of your comfort zone; focus on how those thoughts will change for the better. It will bring new opportunities, new relationships, new skills, a new venture, and more if you allow yourself to make the best of a change. That goes the same if you are the one actually creating the change (a divorce, leaving a job or relationship). The beginning is always tough, but the rewards will be waiting for you. You have the choice of how the path will lead – as an adventure or resistance all the way.

While I had to deal with uncertainties that are out of my control, I made a choice to release some of the toxins and negativity that were personally weighing me down. I decided to surround myself with positive, inspiring, good people who treated me with respect and trust as I give in return. For example, I recently dissolved a 35-year friendship. I welcomed the change instead of dwelling on the situation. More often does people stay in friendships because they have a history together, yet accept how they are being treated regardless of how unfair or bad it is. But see, even friends can grow apart and find they actually have nothing in common and not the same level of companionship. Another example, my dear twin-sister offered me her rental house at a great rate, so I could move back to Michigan. It is an old little dollhouse. Instead of dwelling on how I was going to make a 2600 sq ft house fit into a 950 sq ft house, I am grateful and happy. I give thanks everyday to be close to my family and cherish this little house as my own. I feel blessed and at the same time, needed to live within my means. Most of us live outside of what we can afford and think our current earnings will never end. Let me be the first to tell you, it can all change within a moment. Always have a backup plan . . . another blog topic! HA! I love my twin-sister and appreciate her all the time. She does so much for me and everyone else. It is a shame to see people use her. But, now I am here to stop it!

As written throughout my blog, I have gone through my share of uncertainties, all out of my control. Even in my current situation, I do my best to keep my head held high and truly believe something wonderful will happen, when it is meant to happen. I accept that the moment may not be now and possibly, I still have a lesson to learn before it does happen. Whatever the case, it will happen. Meanwhile, I will stay present with myself and with what I am feeling, without expectation or resistance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Reinvent Myself: Honor The Body

My Brother, Anthony William Lim

Create Your Own Path