Live Life in the Moment . . Like Barley

Our new ZEN program (formerly called Combo Flow Mat) is exactly what we need to help regroup ourselves in the busy lives we lead. We exercise for the body, but what about the mind? Now it is time to pay attention to your breath, the moment you are in, and to refuse bad energy/thoughts to enter your mind. A busy mind keeps the sounds of the birds, the beautiful fall colors, or the swaying of the sunflowers from our awareness. We get distracted and miss out on the moment that we will never have, ever again. In ZEN, we teach to Let Go, appreciate and love ourselves, and recognize the moment. We learn how to just be.

I took another moment to reflect life through my dog’s eyes . . .
When I walked my special dog Barley today, he was filled with curiosity and his tail never tired from wagging with being so happy on our three-mile adventure (unfortunately, his bad leg cannot handle too much walking). He enjoyed the beautiful day and had no care where the path led us, as long as he was with me. He noticed other dogs, walkers, the loud sound of the trucks, was afraid of the leaves blowing beside us, and even caught the attention of the little grasshoppers on the sidewalk. Barley gets it. He understands to Let Go and lives in the moment. I am learning so much from a little rescue dog. A sweet, innocent special dog.

# # #

I just finished watching the movie Letters to Juliet. It was a good movie that left me with a few thoughts. . . Who actually followed their hearts? Better yet, has anyone felt true love? Or, do you feel as though you are all alone and something is missing? Have you only lived your lives and went through the daily motions like a little robot? Most of us are busy living our lives with our children and one day, we wake up and they are all grown up, leaving you all alone. So now you have the remainder of your life to live and what do you intend to do with it? Are there regrets? Did you create a bucket list?

. . . "Dear Claire, What and If are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if? I don't know how your story ended but if what you felt then was true love, then it's never too late. If it was true then, why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart. I don't know what a love like Juliet's feels like - love to leave loved ones for, love to cross oceans for but I'd like to believe if I ever were to feel it, that I will have the courage to seize it. And, Claire, if you didn't, I hope one day that you will. All my love, Juliet"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Reinvent Myself: Honor The Body

My Brother, Anthony William Lim

Create Your Own Path