The Last Few Weeks


This was my forth week of Pilates and it is getting better. I still have to do a workout on Pilates day because it is more like a stretch workout, but overall it is still nice. I feel as though I am gaining my flexibility back due to my long-term muscle injury and that is a great thing! In addition, this week I taught a Step class. It has been years teaching Step, so I mixed it up with plyometrics, aerobics and weights. The members were sweating horribly and I have to say, class was really intense! Yea!! Zumba and my z-box classes were awesome, too. Although, I did completely forgot an entire routine in Zumba! The class laughed and we moved on to the next song. It is nice teaching after all these years!

It has been two weeks since I was told that my job was being eliminated, again. I expected it, but the reality sure does stink! At least I know it is not because of my performance (I was rated one of the highest in my group), but because of my duties. I hope that I will be able to get another position within the company or, I will open a fitness studio and teach more classes in Michigan. Even though my work will not end until the summer, I already created a
resume website, perfected my hardcopy resume (thanks to the help of my intelligent family!) and applied for a few jobs to test the water.

Unfortunately, Scott has not worked steady in years and lately he hardly works at all. I am praying that his newly acquired training in HVAC will give him opportunities being that he graduates next month! I even created him a website and the news did a featured article on us!

I had to sell my beautiful, new leather sofa set today so we can pay the mortgage up north. I just wonder how much more we will have to go through in order to have a normal, steady life. Actually, it has been since our radiator shop (early 90s-adult life!) when we were financially okay. I hate struggling each day. I just do not understand why we cannot have a break. I do however, feel blessed each day for being healthy, family healthy, having a great job/managers, and a successful fitness company with dedicated clients. I will continue to try my best to keep a positive outlook. It just has to get better – I trust it will. This year is our turn!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Reinvent Myself: Honor The Body

My Brother, Anthony William Lim

Create Your Own Path