Pilates - My Ten Week Test

Throughout the next several months, I will try other fitness class formats. I hope that I will be excited about one so we can add it to our Fitness Motivators class roster!

Although we have xGravity a specialty, original class that the majority of our clients love, I decided that my first class would be Pilates (a small studio who teaches the authentic method of Pilates).

I attended a Pilates introductory class a few weeks ago and today was my first official mat class of 10. The instructor/owner is extremely knowledgeable about Pilates, is why I chose her class. I hope she will be able to challenge me these next several weeks and we do more exercises in the class, with less talk.

I notice that the majority of the women are much order than me and of average fitness level. I wonder if this is common in a Pilates class? Nevertheless, after my first class, I felt slightly elongated and relaxed with the few stretches that we did, but not as though I met my workout quota for the day. I hope this is because I am new and the instructor took it easy on us.

Through principles such as concentration, breathing, and control, I am told I will develop a stronger and leaner core. Soon I will see if Pilates will work for my body, or not.

"In 10 classes you will feel the difference. In 20 classes you will see the difference, and in 30 classes you will have a whole new body." -- Joseph Pilates

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Reinvent Myself: Honor The Body

My Brother, Anthony William Lim

Create Your Own Path