"Another State" Fitness Clubs

It is a shame that teaching the way a Zumba class (or any other fitness class) should be taught is not appropriate for "Another State" fitness club members or club.

A coordinator of a club called me (where I sub) because a few members complained that they had to "mirror" me and my class was too intense since I did not pause to change my music!!!! (I honestly think only one person called, but she had to make it sound like a few!! LOL) It made me laugh because I teach the way instructors should be teaching! I refuse to keep my back to my students! How else will I monitor their faces, etc!?!? Okay, so instructors will argue with me and say they DO watch their students while facing the mirror. COME ON! I don't care who it is, when anyone is facing a mirror you look at yourself the majority of the time!!! It is unfortunate those members actually think that is the way instructors should teach their classes. Maybe this is a good time for the coordinators to evaluate their instructors via the members and attend their instructors’ classes.

While I am at it. . . I cannot believe how most instructors of the classes I attended or observed have notes in plain view when teaching (members may not have 100% confidence in the instructor if they see notes - e.g, would you if a bartender has to look at notes when making your specialty cocktail? If a surgeon looked at notes while performing on a loved one?), teach facing the mirror (can you tell if a student is ready to pass out or if you are working them hard enough?), does not teach safety (knees over the toes - come on!), does not say the muscles they are working (maybe the instructor does not even know the muscles?), etc. This is really frustrating!!!!

Being away from home makes me appreciate my own fitness company more and more each day. We have such a great group of quality instructors. Our program is excellent!

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Reinvent Myself: Honor The Body

My Brother, Anthony William Lim

Create Your Own Path