Did I Do It?

So last year I created a Bucket List for 2014. Now it is time to see if I honored it, or not!
  1. Find a Job I Love: Being self-employed full-time, or a job that I am both passionately curious about and talented at.
    I opened another business and loving it! My twin sister, her husband and I opened Proactive Wellness Center and I am also teaching more classes. It is difficult at times generating the income I was once used to. However, the feeling of being my own boss and not dealing with difficult managers (that unfortunately, I had to deal with) is totally empowering! 
  2. Release the Past: Not dwell on the demons of the past, but let it go and live my life.
    I am living my life to the best of my abilities. The demons are not winning! I am living in the present and releasing the past. After all, you cannot move forward until you let go of the negativity, the past.
  3. Attend a Murder Mystery Dinner: Something fun that I always wanted to do!
    I looked several times and could not find a place! Any ideas?
  4. Attend Two Fitness Workshops and YTT: Always to stay current on my fitness skills!
    Done. I am now certified at Tabata and PIYO. PIYO is surprisingly similar to my Z.E.N. program and honestly, I have no interest in teaching Tabata because it is not at all what I expected. Maybe because I love Z-Box (and Combat) too much! Still need to do YTT.
  5. Visit a Senior Home: Let the forgotten seniors know that they still matter.
    I visited a senior center that my niece works at. Plus, now that we have our own wellness center, we are offering exercise classes for free to seniors. 
  6. Reach My Idea Weight: Even us fitness professionals’ needs a little push once is a while!
    I still weigh the same as I did when I wrote this bucket list. My weight fluctuate a few pounds and I learned to deal with it. I accept my body and weight. I learned to respect and love my body, and will accept the new flaws as I get older.
  7. Learn to Swim: I have an in-ground swimming pool, it is about time I enjoy it!
    I tried, but still need a lot of work!
  8. Live in a State of Gratitude: Focus every moment in a state of appreciation and deep gratitude.
    I am so very grateful for my health, especially seeing what my brother is going through with his cancer. I thank God every day for my healthy body and for allowing me to help others attain their fitness goals. This morning I woke up and thought of how much I love my bed and how comfy it is. I had to hug my pillows and down comforter as I smiled. At that moment I remembered as a child when I slept in a bed with the stains and smell of dog feces and urine on my bedding, at 16 when I slept in a sleeping bag on a floor in an empty flat that my twin sister and I rented because we were forced to live on our own by the State, and sometimes in a car when I had nowhere to live. I learn to appreciate the little things, the simple moments, the present.  My life is definitely in a state of gratitude. God is good!
  9. Quality Time with Family and Friends: Schedule dates with family and friends.
    Most definitely! I had nice visits with my family and friends. This Bucket Item also helped me remove toxic relationships, one being a good friend of over 35 years. Life is too precious to be around people who are negative, one-sided, prejudice, self-center . . . I think you got the picture!

  10. Fitness Resort Trip: This is a biggy, but something I wanted to do since the Red Mountain Spa trip with my daughter! (Does anyone know a place where I can exchange teaching classes for accommodations?)
    Although I did not go on my trip in 2014 - I WILL be going in 2015! AH YEA!!! I recently won the Canyon Ranch Inspiration Awards! My twin sister nominated me and I am one of the winners!!!

Below is what I won . . .
  • 4-night inclusive stay at the Sponsor’s Tucson, Arizona or Lenox, Massachusetts property, to include deluxe accommodations; three nutritious gourmet meals daily; full use of all spa and resort facilities; complimentary fitness classes, sports activities, wellness presentations and cooking demonstrations
  • round-trip transfers from/to Tucson International Airport, or round-trip airport or train station transfers from/to Albany, NY or Hartford, CT
  • $670 service allowance to be used towards for-fee spa, sports and integrative wellness services during the complimentary stay
  • $300 complimentary gift card that may be used in connection with travel expenses

This is what Debbie Wrote . . .
The Lim Twins' story of survival - many would call torture - led us to concentrate on helping other people. Our story offers encouragement and motivation. Born to Asian immigrants and raised in the heart of Detroit, Michigan, we were products of a very strict and, to say the least, a complicated upbringing. We lived in various children homes, were on our own at 15, and at times, homeless. Our lives were a struggle - often unbearable - but our determination and belief that anything is possible, was unusually strong – especially Donna.

Throughout her life, Donna had a unique quality of helping others and a genuinely caring heart. It is surprising how Donna kept so positive even when she would be beaten so badly from our step-father where she could not move, endless brainwashing of how “fat, stupid, ugly, etc.” we were, to having a gun held to her head twice, not being truly happy, and struggling with the demons in her head. Most people would have turned to drugs or alcohol, but Donna persevered and was determine to not allow things that were out of her control to dictate her life. She did not want to be a statistic, but a woman to make a positive impact in people’s lives.

Donna started Fitness Motivators in 1989.  Although her competitors said it would not work - Donna was the first to design an aerobics and weight training combination exercise program in her area. She did not like the idea of women exercising so hard to the point of getting sick. Donna’s passion in helping others spread to offering fitness classes in several communities and corporations - raising the bar on what a quality fitness program should be, and touching the lives of over 10,000 clients and fitness professionals, with the help of her daughter, the Fitness Motivators Team, and me.  Donna continues to make fitness classes affordable to everyone, and a place where people of all fitness levels can go. She even help women who are in hardship! Now our competitors copy our programs and even copy everything from the website Donna developed and designed. However, just like Donna said, “. . . the level of expertise cannot be copied!”

Regardless of where we came from, Donna continues to keep a positive attitude, even when these last few years remains to be a struggle. (I sometimes ask when will we ever get a break!?!) Her position was eliminated from her pharmaceutical job of over 11 years not only once, but twice (after her company relocated her to Missouri for two years and sold her home in Michigan of 22 years). She moved four times, had three horrible jobs since she moved back to Michigan, we lost our mother, and now our brother was just diagnosed with stage four cancer.

My twin-sister Donna is not only an inspiration to me, but also our clients and our entire family. For example, during our recent 25 Year Fitness Motivators Anniversary event, an instructor she took under her wings when she first started the company thanked Donna for being an influence in her life and wrote a short story about it in the Chicken Soup for the Soul From Lemons to Lemonade, page 212.

Donna is an amazing woman and always talks about one day going to the Canyon Ranch. When I saw your ad for nominations, I knew it would be a perfect opportunity for Donna to finally get her wish and for your readers to know Donna – truly a beautiful, loving woman! She is truly an inspiration of what kindness looks like!Thank you for reading my post! Until next time, stay safe and healthy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Reinvent Myself: Honor The Body

My Brother, Anthony William Lim

Create Your Own Path