Persevere. Be Patient. Win.

Regardless of the uncertainties in my life, I do my best to keep faith and trust that everything will turn out good at the end. It just has to, especially if you live your life being honest, good to others, kind, etc.

Fitness Motivators Wins!
To my surprise, a person decided to Trademark my company Fitness Motivators name and since July 2009, he finally convinced Go Daddy to take my website offline last February. I still remember the day when Go Daddy emailed me the notice and they even charged ME a fee for shutting down my website! It took ten days to try to resolve this with Go Daddy and the person without any luck. I had no choice but to transfer my website to another server and apply for a Petition to Cancel the Trademark. I also hired an Attorney to help counsel me as needed.

After years of hard work, he actually thought he was going to take away what me and my team worked for and I was not going to allow that to happen. I created the Fitness Motivators name in 1988 (I still remember the day when the name was initiated!) and due to the Lanham Act under Section 1(b), had proof that I used the Mark since long prior to his effective Trademark filing date.

This week, the fight is over. Of course, I won and he ended up paying my legal fees and all other fees related to what he initiated. Although he owns the Mark, he cannot touch me. My Attorney ended up handling the Agreement and did an excellent job in representing me. (Thanks to Beth for recommending her!)

The above experience is a perfect example of how greed and deception always loses at the end. His pocket is less a few thousand dollars and all he had to do was to work it out at the beginning but he was too concerned about what he would get from the deal and was unbelievable not coorperative. I am certain he will think twice the next time he tries to mess with someone! After all, he probably thought I was stupid or would sit back and let his little newly acquired Mark scare me. See, everything happens for a reason and I believe that it was meant for me to not resolve it at the beginning, but to end up where I am now, which is a better place!


As for Go Daddy, they had no right to take down my website without notice or not allowing me to dispute it. Shame on Go Daddy! I will slowly remove my other websites from Go Daddy and will never trust them again. I truly believe that what goes around comes back around – that goes the same for Go Daddy. I highly recommend that YOU not do business with Go Daddy. If they did it to me, they will do it to you.

Oprah Magazine Sweepstake Winner!
Periodically, I may enter a sweepstake for that “just in case I win” moment. Will, it happened! I entered the Aveeno "Expect The Best" Sweepstakes last December and two weeks ago, received a notice that I won the grand prize!!!!! Yes, people DO actual win those sweepstakes! Below is a picture of what I won (valued at $1,250). I received it yesterday and love it!


Wow! I definitely needed good news after a year of constant uncertainties.



Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!

Donna

Comments

  1. So cool! I can't believe you won the Oprah prize! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Reinvent Myself: Honor The Body

My Brother, Anthony William Lim

Create Your Own Path